Want to have a voice in electing candidates that support LGBT equality and small business? Want to play a role in making the Greater Sacramento region and California a better place to live and work for everyone?
Support RainbowPAC, the non-partisan Political Action Committee of the Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce.
RainbowPAC is the non-partisan political action committee of the Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce founded in 2012. RainbowPAC supports candidates and promotes legislation that are supportive of small business and economic development and uphold the principles of diversity, inclusion and equal rights for all Californians. RainbowPAC is a California corporation governed by a board of directors. All funds raised and donations received by RainbowPAC are deposited into a separate PAC account in accordance with California and U.S. election law.
Help us fund our advocacy efforts!
Sacramento Rainbow Chamber members are automatically voting members of RainbowPAC. The PAC endorses candidates in state and local elections and reviews and endorses state and local legislation by vote of participating Chamber members.
For those who are not in business but want to participate in RainbowPAC endorsement activities, Rainbow Chamber offers an associate membership for only $100 per year.
- Represents the small business voice before elected officials
- Promotes progressive business policies
- Advances equality and civil rights through inclusive, equitable business practices
- Builds connections between small business, large corporations, nonprofits and government
Becoming a RainbowPAC volunteer is a great way to get involved in the civic life of our community and state. Committee members and volunteers are needed for the following tasks:
- Help plan and staff fundraising events
- Help plan and staff candidate endorsement and legislation/ballot measure endorsement events
- Research and analyze legislation and ballot measures for potential endorsement
- Candidate outreach and contact – follow up with candidates in completing their endorsement questionnaire and scheduling endorsement events
- Prepare and present legislative testimony as needed
- Participate in supplier diversity initiatives, such as the California Insurance Commission
How to Request RainbowPAC Endorsement
Candidates for office from any political party are eligible to be considered for RainbowPAC endorsement.
- Complete and submit the online candidate questionnaire.
- Make a brief presentation (3-5 minutes) at the candidate endorsement event scheduled for the upcoming election. Check the Chamber event calendar for dates.
- If unable to attend the candidate endorsement event, consider assigning a spokesperson to present on your behalf.
- Vote of participating Rainbow Chamber members will take place and results be announced at the candidate endorsement event.
- RainbowPAC will contact you to announce your endorsement and any funds awarded.
How to Request RainbowPAC Endorsement
Legislation or Ballot Measure Endorsement:
- Contact and/or submit background information on bill or ballot measure to RainbowPAC Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule presentation to PAC Committee as needed.
- RainbowPAC Committee recommends endorsement or no endorsement to Rainbow Chamber Board of Directors based on measure’s relevance to business, economic development and/or LGBT rights.
- RainbowPAC schedules presentation and vote at upcoming Chamber event or email vote to Chamber membership.
Please note: Please present proposed legislation or ballot measures to RainbowPAC at least 6 weeks prior to endorsement deadline to allow time for our endorsement process.
RainbowPAC & ADVOCACY NEWS
Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce rebukes Trump action to strip transgender Americans right to serve in the U.S. military and calls upon our fellow Americans to take a stand for the full equality and inclusion of transgender people, and for all human beings, regardless of their sex, gender identity or sexual orientation.read more
The 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Chicago ruled the 1964 Civil Rights Act protects LGBT employees from workplace discrimination. Equality under the law allows LGBT parents and heads of households to provide for their families, contribute to their communities, and pay taxes.read more
Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce opposes recent actions by President Donald Trump and his administration to strike down protections for transgender students implemented in 2016 guaranteeing all students access to gender-segregated facilities such as restrooms and locker rooms in federally funded schools.read more
The Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce is proud to be a part of the Western Business Alliance, a coalition of LGBT and allied business chambers. With the WBA, we're honored to join our colleagues across the Western United States as the Greater Seattle Business...read more
The Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce serves a diverse membership of LGBT and allied business owners—those who support the Chamber’s values of diversity, inclusion and equality—from an eight-county region. Many non-LGBT business owners and professionals join the...read more
Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce President Richard Hernandez, on behalf of the Chamber Board of Directors, expressed gratitude that California voters supported Proposition 55 endorsed by the Chamber’s non-partisan political action committee, RainbowPAC, and...read more